morning/mourning

4:32 PM

I forgot about the sun.





I forgot about 2013 and rhymes on napkins and I forgot about sleeping with my face to the wall.

And I forgot about soldiers and how we couldn't have a real Christmas tree in Texas because it might light on fire and I forgot about a textbook that taught me about hope and Indians.

There were piano keys and fifteens.

Then they told me that fireworks are only for Independence Day and ink was never meant for skin. And it made me think of the day my uncle read us a book about the little mermaid finding a prince to be her best friend and I said "what about love" and then the car felt like a cubicle for the entire stretch of I-15.

But my little sister still broke and I still wrote about telescopes and my knees hit the floor more than they were supposed to, but it wasn't always that way.

And I remembered 9am.




You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. The part about the cubical and what about love made me feel things. So beautiful Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my knees hit the floor more than they were supposed to

    this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cubical feelings are the worst and but it wasn't always that way
    beautiful reags

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this reagan

    especially the cubicle part

    ReplyDelete
  5. But my little sister still broke and I still wrote about telescopes and my knees hit the floor more than they were supposed to, but it wasn't always that way.

    Love this. So much

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not so great at commenting these days, but I'm still reading everything you write. I love the way you phrase your words and how such few words can carry such meaning. I love that you make the small things sound important, like sleeping with your face to the wall and a simple conversation with your uncle. Your writing keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images