girls & strings & shoulders

11:36 PM

This is for the girls scribbling chemistry notes in the margins.

The ones who outgrew attaching last names in the third grade.
The ones looking for a ticket out.
A ticket east.

This is for you,
Because I can't write to myself.

This is for the girls who hide their seams.
The ones who run on the dust just to avoid the asphalt and the eyes.
This is for those who speak only in pen,
Fingers in pockets,
Lips pressed against themselves,
Making promises for September,
Only so they don't have to worry themselves about December.

This is for the girls without painted nails
And a string on their wrists 
And clumsy tongues.

This is for the girls, eighteen.
Eighteen with untested shoulders.

This is for the girls shaking the dust,
And clearing their throats,
Like they're afraid of sleeping away the sentences.



And that string has been on my left wrist since June.

reagan curtis.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. what is your name tho who r u

    "Lips pressed against themselves,
    Making promises for September,
    Only so they don't have to worry themselves about December."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for you,
    Because I can't write to myself.

    I don't know why I love that so much, but I do... Please reveal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes. This make me so happy ❤ you're writing is amazing dear. You're amazing, Reagan.

      Delete
  3. I love you. And RT Cornelia because I loved that exact line as well. But also the whole thing in general. Thank you for being so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is incredible Reagan.
    Your heart belongs to Paris and I hope you never stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic blog for a fantastic human being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Reagan, I have said it before and I will say it again that I love Ivory Ellis!!! I have loved your blog so much, thank you for such a beautiful blog and for being such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post hit me hard I poved it! Thank you for being a good writer by being you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your posts were short and simple and so easy to understand.
    and thats what i loved most about them.
    you are a beautiful writer reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Like they're afraid of sleeping away their sentences" YES. love it and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "This is for the girls shaking the dust,
    And clearing their throats,
    Like they're afraid of sleeping away the sentences."
    It's like I don't 100% understand always what you're saying but your posts just make me want to snap my fingers for hours at the end, does that make sense?
    You had something different from others and it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always feel like I need to comment on every one of your posts because they are so awesome but looking back I'm afraid I may not have commented on any of them at all. So it is awesome to meet you finally thank you for being amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images