soul.

10:08 AM

Quilts heavy

Eyes heavy
Words heavy

And we don't know what to do with them.

Words wander
Hands wander
Thoughts wander

And we don't know where to go with them.

Baby don't let them steal your breath. Don't loosen your grip on your humanity. I know and he knows it's the one thing with which we do what we wish.

We are what we want and we are real.
We say what we want and we steal.
We see what we want and we fall.

And I didn't believe them when they said your choices were darker than the shadows you walk in. 
And I didn't see the invitation in the dim corners and the empty houses until he flipped that switch.
And I didn't realize that souls can step out for a moment, leaving only human.

And it's just as bitter as it sounds.

So maybe being human isn't the goal.
Maybe human is what we are when we give up and I'm sorry that's not more poetic but I don't know how else to say this and



maybe we should all be defining souls instead.


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. "we are what we want and we are real"
    This is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "maybe we should all be defining souls instead." good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! That is exactly what I have been trying to put down on paper. Thank you for relieving me from my writers block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And I didn't believe them when they said your choices were darker than the shadows you walk in." amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Maybe human is what we are when we give up" #realtalk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is straight up beautiful writing. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things in here that spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "We are what we want and we are real.
    We say what we want and we steal."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  9. "We are what we want and we are real.
    We say what we want and we steal.
    We see what we want and we fall."

    1. Your writing stresses me out because it is SO good.
    2. Love this

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images