watching the clock.

6:14 AM

18 minutes left of class.

but I know I'll never be Lexi,
because I'll never learn to paste my pain on a screen
with words to make the rest of us catch our breath.

16 minutes left of class
and my head is spinning
                      swimming
                       drowning

and there are still 16 minutes left,
but I know these words aren't meant for me

and honey those words weren't meant for you,
and we don't know why you claimed them
but feel free to enjoy yourself while the rest of us dance barefoot on the patio.

because this one is for the yesterdays that decided our tomorrows.

(and we thought that was up to us)




this one is for the high school crush she'll never quite shake off

and this one is for the choice that wasn't ever his to make

and this one is for the letters you wrote before he so much as stepped out the door

and this one is for the poetry he waited until fall to share because he couldn't introduce himself til all our eyes were closed.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. "because I'll never learn to paste my pain on a screen
    with words to make the rest of us catch our breath."

    Perfection. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "feel free to enjoy yourself while the rest of us dance barefoot on the patio."
    $tolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and this one is for the poetry he waited until fall to share because he couldn't introduce himself til all our eyes were closed."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "because this one is for the yesterdays that decided our tomorrows."

    #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "this one is for the high school crush she'll never quite shake off."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am speechless. This is so raw. You're passing me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely amazing.
    I want to steal every line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #stolen this one is for the yesterdays that decided our tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As i was reading this post i kept pausing to write down all the lines i liked and then i realized that i wrote pretty much the entire post in my journal. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really truly love the simplicity of this. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The high school crush she'll never quite shake off.

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images