run-on sentences + the universe.

6:22 PM

I'm being quite honest when I say that this is not a poem. Anything but, in reality.


This is me shouting out to the universe for a moment about people and places and days that matter.

This is a thank you note to fathers because even if I'm never quite sure if mine is in the same state as me, that's alright because he still likes to come up with lovely little plans for my future (even if I'll never be the entrepreneur he's crossing his fingers for).

And today I'm just happy that the universe or the Almighty or whoever you would like to think is in charge is someone other than me, because today I don't have to decide who ought to be born where or what congress needs to vote on. Not yet, anyways.

And also I'd like to put in a request that it rains this week.

Simply because it's always nice for the pavement to be coated in something other than dust and sunlight. And also because I bought rain boots.

I'd like to thank the universe for movies like "The Parent Trap" and Saturdays and books about the holocaust because humans have to see sad things in pretty forms if we are going to admit that they belong to us.

Oh, and I'd like to thank humanity for nice people that offer rides home and playlists and please we can even take turns being that person. Rotations are fully acceptable.

And the fact of the matter is, a large majority of you have lost interest by now but that's alright because I'm here and these are my words and I just had the nicest epiphany about how happy I am to be here because I've already gotten so many days and I don't need to start conversations with how tired I am or how I can't stand being at school or how senioritis is real life because,
like I said:


                        I'm just happy to be here.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. "humans have to see sad things in pretty forms if we are going to admit that they belong to us."

    thank you so much for publishing this. I'm getting caught up in all the depressing stuff... this is such a great post and even if its not a poem It's poetry-- have you read Nelson's example post at Paris about Things Like Poetry? Poetry is beautiful and just an expression in words and this is amazing, I love it so much.
    And I'm stealing it. You're going on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And also I'd like to put in a request that it rains this week". I enjoy a good rain storm here and there. They make me so happy. They bring out the peace that we need to feel every once in a while.

    "I'm just happy to be here". Honestly, I am right there with you. I am so happy to just be here. Here on earth living. Going through life. Its just amazing. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "humans have to see sad things in pretty forms if we are going to admit that they belong to us" sorry to requote, but just wow. The whole thing, I like it a lot. That last paragraph and bit, very cool and important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sweet and sincere, and just amen sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post that lightened many heavy spirits. Happy to be here, that's beautiful and I think that line itself is straight poetry.
    "humans have to see sad things in pretty forms if we are going to admit that they belong to us."
    AND PLEASE I HONESTLY HAVE NO WORDS TO SAY ABOUT THAT LINE I JUST UM WOW I YEAH. That's good no great truth.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images