why not all mornings are the same.

11:40 AM

I woke up
with sugar fermenting on my tongue,
and a letter from you in my hand.

I woke up
with questions & answers that don't match
and ideas that don't belong.

I woke up
with runs carved through my mind,
and trembling hands.

I woke up
with one name on my lips
and another hovering in my thoughts.

I woke up
and looked for the stars
between cold sheets.

I woke up
with unwilling eyes
and clouded thoughts.

but

I woke up
a little more
than I did yesterday.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. but i woke up a little more than i did yesterday.

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I woke up
    with one name on my lips
    and another hovering in my thoughts."

    Ivory Ellis you are perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images