irreverence.

10:10 PM

My mother keeps pressing her cheek against mine and telling me how grateful she is.

Grateful.
Grateful.

All I feel is irreverent.

All I feel is the static on your end of the line
And the weight of my own voice in your hand.
Both of us entirely too grateful.

Like a six minute silent phone call is everything and nothing all at once and nothing is worth everything so long as someone else will appreciate the static with you.

And all at once
I am trembling like a poor man in December.

High school should never be this heavy,
Fourteen times over.
Fourteen times over.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. those last three lines.
    so good and so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed^ the last three lines. made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blow me away. This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so specific and this means so much.

    This is not easy to process, but you're helping me. Thanks Reagan.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images