synesthesia/watercolors

11:11 PM

The girl with hair like cotton candy gave me saving words tonight.

And I thanked her, politely.

They were blue and green.
Blue words like her lips used to be.
Green words like everything she sees.

Like everything she sees.
Like everything she sees.
Like she's new and March is the only thing she sees.
Like March at last can breathe and white hair is made of ashes.
Like February 27th turned her hands to matches.

I will cut pieces from everything I see.
From everything I see.
From everything but skin,
For skin is made of numbers.

Numbers red like July like
Purple like violet like
I made my words for my mother.


I made my words for my mother.
Because I love her.
Because she loves me.
And she saw me the night I forgot how deeply March could breathe,

And her words were yellow like
All the good books I didn't make time to read.

But they were good words
And good books
And yellow is good for me.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Crazy I just wrote a color post. And white hair is ashes and will continue to be. And this is beautiful Reagan. You're beautiful Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't describe how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is an amazing color post. it just makes you think and it makes you feel beautiful things.
    so incredible.
    also i like your blog background thing. way rad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well written, AS ALWAYS. seriously loved this reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I asked you what the heck synesthesia was I really wish you read me this. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite post I've read of yours. I'm speechless. This is perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images