i was always first.

9:42 PM

ankles crossed

hair tumbled
eyes tangled 

reaching for your words
like they'll sing the same as they did in october

graduation is a pretty way to phrase goodbyes

and I'm terribly sorry that it's all we write about,
but most people tend to fade into the sheets
as they unravel.

I was never well acquainted 
with handling endings with care.
And I never appreciated the grey of not-knowing.
(or beginnings)

so I watched the middle child as she 
grew and
slept and
fought me.
(her name is ava)

because the fact of the matter is,
I was always first,
but she was always kinder.

and she's never had her own october.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. and she's never had her own october.

    This line is gold. That whole last part. Just yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. graduation is a pretty way to phrase goodbyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always first,
    but she was always kinder.

    oooh chills.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images